A garden and patio are together one of the most crucial contributors to a beautiful home. Possessing a beautiful Garden & Patio is a matter of pride and a luxury for the owner. Regardless of the area, a patio and a garden can be done up beautifully, by picking the right kind of furniture and décor pieces. The following tips will help one make the right decisions while doing up the Garden and Patio for their home.
1. Purpose: It is very important to have a purpose while designing your garden and patio. ‘What is it going to be used for?’ is a question every home owner should ask themselves before getting their Garden and Patio set up. It is important to understand if the Garden & Patio are to be used to entertain guests or to relax and unwind. Some outdoor spaces are also used as entertainment centers and full outdoor kitchens. Once the purpose is clear it is easy to decide upon the theme and the décor for the areas.
2. Accessories: A well defined purpose plays an important role in deciding upon the theme for your outdoor areas. If your garden/patio is to be used purely for the purpose of entertaining guests, then Gas Barbecues would be an invaluable addition to the outdoor area. A Coal barbecue is also a good addition; however, maintenance is tedious since coal is a difficult substance to clean. It would always be advisable to go for a Gas Barbecue with a Barbecue Cover so that maintenance at any given time is not an issue. Bistro Sets are an excellent addition to any outdoor area, especially when holding parties and entertaining guests are a frequent norm. Other accessories that can be used to decorate the garden include fountains, bust planter and water-falls.
3. Patio & Garden Flooring: A Patio and Garden reflect the owner’s taste and individuality. An artistically done up patio and garden can fetch the owner compliments from their guests, along with a comfortable environ to spend time in. A whole variety of flooring options are available in the market these days such as paver blocks, bricks, wood, concrete, grass, tiles and more. Picking warm flooring on the basis of its purpose and usage is essential for a well done Garden/Patio. This has to be in accordance with the theme chosen for the garden and patio such that all elements blend together to deliver a classic feel to the outdoor space.
4. Furniture: Although a crucial element in every garden and patio it is one of the most underplayed features in an outdoor space. Outdoor Garden Furniture give the home owner maximum flexibility in changing the look and feel while retaining the freedom to experiment with the outdoors. For the Patio and Conservatory, Cane furniture is an excellent choice. Cane furniture is durable and light weight offering ease of maintenance. A recent trend in case of Patio furniture is Textoline Patio Furniture, since they offer style and comfort at exceptional value. Cushions are becoming popular as an accessory to seat people in the garden. Garden Cushions as they are popularly known come in different forms, customized for all furniture. Garden Bench Cushions, Hammock cushions, sun-lounger cushions, etc. come in a variety of styles and sizes to fit your budget. If budget is an issue, it would be advisable to invest in one cushion for one kind of furniture while the rest are re-used on the others.
5. Parasols and Gazebos: Garden Parasols are an excellent addition to any Outdoor space. One of the best ways for people to enjoy the outdoors while sitting in the shade, garden parasol provides cool comfort for the owner while sitting in the sun. Ideal for an individual enjoys the outdoors with a cup of coffee/ a book in one hand while listening to some music and unwinding in the pleasant environs; popup gazebos are a value addition to every modern day garden. A garden gazebo is often confused with a party tent which is a bigger version of the gazebo and can be used in places where space is not a constraint.
Keep the above points in mind to ensure your outdoor space has order, balance and proportion while retaining the harmony and flow of air and sunlight. Plan your garden carefully and make it attractive. If required, consult with a home improvement center or an interior decorator for further ideas.